Cloud computing continues to catch on, with the International Data Corporation (IDC) reporting that spending on the technology has been growing at 4.5 times the rate of IT spending since 2009. This trend is expected to continue, with the same report noting that spending on cloud computing is expected to grow at 6 times the rate of IT spending through 2020. A LogicMonitor survey predicts that by 2020, 83 percent of enterprise workloads will be in the cloud.
Cloud computing is obviously here to stay, but what does it mean for the contact center industry? As opposed to on-premise solutions, cloud-based contact centers manage all customer communications in the cloud via a business server. This makes it possible to interact with customers across all channels – voice, email, social media, and the internet – from anywhere via internet access with strong bandwidth
Benefits of a cloud contact center include:
Improved Agent Access
Cloud solutions are easy to set up and can be used immediately, which means agents can access data and processing capabilities when and where they need them. This creates the opportunity of 24/7 customer service provided by agents located almost anywhere in the world. What’s more, cloud hosted solutions allow agents to efficiently and effectively work together across multiple contact center locations, as well as more easily access customer data across multiple channels. In this way, a cloud contact center can help improve customer experience.
Improved Customer Experience
A natural result of agency efficiency is improved customer experience. When agents are empowered with easily accessible customer information, they can more effectively and quickly help customers, which customers notice and appreciate.
Because cloud solutions are on-demand, they provide an important benefit for contact centers that can be subject to volume bursts. During peaks times such as holiday shopping, agents can easily be added in order to quickly scale operations.
The very nature of cloud solutions makes them less expensive, as they offer significantly lower costs than on-premise solutions. What’s more, they can be upgraded inexpensively, which means contact centers can take advantage of cutting-edge technology despite their size.
OptimumCX utilizes some of the most advanced contact center technology in the industry to provide the foundation required for our highly personalized approach to customer experience. Some of the key capabilities you will profit from include, but are not limited to:
- Highly redundant voice and data lines with multiple paths in and out of our facilities ensure an exceptionally high level of availability.
- Voice, chat and email platforms allow for many features including the ability to queue both voice and non-voice customer requests.
- Skill-based routing allows every call, chat or email to automatically route directly to the most appropriate team member to help that customer.
- Highly refined testing set up either internally or with other call centers power detailed A/B testing without the hassle of contacting a telephone provider.
- Extensive integration with your CRM empowers your team to quickly access customer data for responsive issue resolution.
- Detailed reporting allows for insightful analytics based on virtually any segmenting you need.
Contact us to learn more about how we can help increase productivity and customer engagement with powerful, easy-to-implement and easy-to-use call center software for deep analytics, insights and collaboration.